Sunday, May 27, 2007

Jeremiah 29

I don't have problems believing God or believing that God is looking out for my best interest as I navigate through life's circumstances. My problem is not knowing HOW He is going to do it. This creates worry and frustration on my part. My question is, "Okay, how am I going to help God do this?" Which I believe is a legitimate question, but my reaction to the silence is what gets me. I am impatient for results, so I believe God is teaching me patience. He is teaching me to trust Him. I love Jeremiah 29. I'll paraphrase it for you, "Where you are now in life, exiled away from your promise land is right where I've placed you. Contrary to what your circumstances may lead you to believe my intentions are not to harm you, but to give you a future and a hope. This is actually meant to make you better and conform you into My image. Your circumstances will take on new meaning when you search for Me with all your heart and then you will find Me; and then I will fulfill my promise." In short, God leads us through seemingly unfavorable circumstances for us to find Him.

1 Responded:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Man. I think this blog will be a great blessing to your future ministry. And also, don't be afraid to post stories. You may be able to apply them to a message you are trying to preach later down the road. Take care!