Sunday, September 30, 2007

Matt 8

Healing the Leper
Matt 8:1-3, "When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Jesus reached out his hand hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy."

Healing the Centurion's Servant
Matt 8:5-7, "When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. "Lord," he said, "My servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly." Jesus said to him. "Shall I come and heal him?"

Like the Leper we know God can, but we question if He will. And His answer is always, "Yes, I am willing." Most Christian's don't doubt God's ability to act on their behalf they just question His willingness to do so.

Also, what was the greater miracle? Jesus healing the leper or him touching the leper?

The next story following this one in Matthew's Gospel has Jesus asking the question, "Shall I come and heal him?" Indeed He is very willing....even to the point of asking us, "Do you want My help?" He is waiting to be asked.

0 Responded: