Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Job 2

Job 2:9,10 '"His wife said to him, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!" He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all of this, Job did not sin in what he said."'

Job has been a book that has always puzzled me, but recently it has brought me relief. What I've learned from him is to accept the good and the bad God allows my way. It is coming from a loving Heavenly Father who is using these trials to transform me into His Son's image, but that happens only when I respond favorably to them. Job 2 puts Job's response side by side to his wife's. His wife curses God, while Job worships God. He is a great model of how to live when we are being tested. A funny thing happens when we quit fighting and accept what God is doing around us, we become content with where He has placed us. Paul wrote in Philippians 4:11, "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." "Learning" this can be very difficult, but when it is "learned" it's always rewarding. In short, 1. Accept the good and the bad God allows our way. 2. Know that God is good and only test us for our benefit. 3. Contentment only comes when we accept all that God gives us, the good and the bad.

0 Responded: