Thursday, June 28, 2007

Job 1

Sometimes I think Satan has been given to much credit or power than he really deserves. Did you know that Job 1 describes Satan's attributes. He is not all knowing, he is not all powerful, he can only be in one place at a time. He is God's opposite in character and ability. He is a fallen creature, not a god with any true power. That is why Satan relies on deception so much because he has no real power. He tries to manipulate by "roaring like a lion" to create fear in our lives. If he can get us to believe a lie then he has the upper hand for the moment. In order for Satan to attack us God has to give him permission and only then God has placed severe limits on what he can try to do.

3 Responded:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I think that many times we make Satan up to be God's equal, when really he is nothing more than a fallen angel.

Anonymous said...

Hey, man. I'm thinking about having you fill in for me on my blog while I'm on vacation. What do you think?

Chance said...

Hey Brad, how's it going.. If you remember me, I was in Josh's wedding as well.

One thing that I have always believed, though I could be wrong, is that only God can know the future. I don't think the devil has that power. There may be some actual psychics that use evil power, but they may base it on things actually happening. I think only God has that mastery of time.

I'll see you over at Josh's blog.